What is CBD?
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is one of dozens of non-psychoactive cannabinoids found within the hemp plant. Our CBD products consist of cannabidiol from organically-grown hemp plants that bind to the endocannabinoid receptors in your brain, nervous system and immune system.
CBD was originally patented by the United States Government in 2003 as a neuroprotectant and antioxidant.
The benefits of CBD
Cannabinoids found in plants like hemp, including cannabidiol (CBD), are analogous to the endocannabinoids that are naturally produced by the body. Research shows that these phytocannabinoids interact with the cannabinoid receptors within the endocannabinoid system to elicit responses that help bring about homeostasis and balance. Some of the locations in the human body that contain cannabinoid receptors include:
- Central Nervous System
- Peripheral Nervous System
- Immune System
- Epidermis (skin)
Research shows that we can activate natural internal healing mechanisms by supplementing our endocannabinoid system with CBD to help restore and maintain their balance. Some of the conditions consumers are using CBD for include:
- Hot Flashes
- Joint Pain
- Muscle Pain
- Back Pain
- Digestive Issues
- Trouble Sleeping
- Frequent Urination
- Irritated Skin
What are terpenes?
Terpenes are organic, aromatic molecules produced in the resin of the cannabis plant (along with cannabinoids). Terpenes are responsible for fragrances, flavors, aroma and color.There are more than 100 different terpenes within the cannabis plant. Each terpene has its own profile of health benefits.Terpenes act synergistically with cannabinoids to create therapeutic and enjoyable effects. Additionally, terpenes are THC FREE. All of our full spectrum and broad spectrum CBD products contain all of the terpenes that were present in the hemp plant when the extraction process occurred. Certain other products, like our terpene-infused CBD isolate, or terpsolate, contain terpenes that have been extracted from other cannabis strains and then combined with the isolate to provide an awesome experience.
Methods of ingestion
There are many different ways to consume CBD, and each delivery method has its own benefits. Here are some examples:
- Sublingual CBD Oil Tinctures – One of the most popular and convenient ways to consume CBD, CBD oil tinctures provide the user with a fast, convenient way to dose quickly and accurately.
- Edibles – At work and on the go, CBD gummies, chocolates and other edibles are a delicious way to take your daily dose and keep going.
- Capsules – Also built for convenience, CBD capsules are also great for accurate daily titration.
- Topicals – Because the epidermis also contains cannabinoid receptors, many people use CBD topicals to help them deal with minor skin conditions, joint pain, muscle pain, spasticity and neuropathy.
- Vaporizing – The quickest way to attain relief, vaporizing lab tested CBD vape oil is fast, convenient and effective.
- CBD Flower – One of the oldest and fastest-acting ways to consume cannabis is simply by smoking it. Those who have smoked cannabis for its THC will be familiar with high CBD hemp flower, which is virtually indistinguishable from other types of cannabis.
Premium CBD products at affordable prices
Here are a few of our most popular CBD products, created by America’s most trusted CBD producers. If you have questions about any of our products or just general questions about CBD feel free to get in touch.
Lazarus Naturals High Potency Full Spectrum CBD Tincture
Apis Mercantile Full Spectrum CBD Infused Honey Sticks
Lazarus Naturals Standard Potency Full Spectrum CBD Tincture
Green Roads CBD Relief Toads Gummies (50mg)
LuLu’s Chocolate 80mg CBD Infused Chocolate Bar
Lazarus Naturals Calming CBD Pet Tincture
Green Roads CBD Froggies Gummies (25mg-200mg)
Sana Botanicals Essentials CBD Oil (Broad Spectrum)